The Policing Board has a responsibility to encourage people to work with and support the police to prevent crime.
To keep up to date with the work the Board does in consulting with the community, you can view our news section and follow us on facebook/policingboard and twitter @nipolicingboard.
The Policing Board consults with the community in a range of ways.
Policing and Community Safety Partnerships (PCSPs)
The Board supports and monitors the work of PCSPs. To find out more about their work, view our PCSPs section.
Strategic Consultation Group
The Strategic Consultation Group has been established to assist the Board and improve service delivery and increase confidence in policing within the community and with particular groupings. The group is made up of representatives from voluntary and statutory organisations.
The aims of this group are to :
- identify and provide advice and expertise at a strategic level on cross cutting issues of interest to the diverse communities they represent;
- make significant contributions to both strategic and tactical considerations, particularly with reference to critical incidents;
- Make recommendations to help inform and influence the Board and Police policies, strategies and plans;
- Assist in identifying key communities to work with the Board and the police and will facilitate engagement between the Board and the Police.
The following are some of the areas in our community which the Board and the Police particularly want to hear from:-
- Minority Ethnic
- Older Persons
- People with a disability
- Young People
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Trans (LGB&T).
Youth Advisory Panel
The Board works with a Youth Advisory Panel to work towards a better policing experience and safer future for young people
The aims of this group are to:
•identify and provide expertise about the dynamics, needs and concerns of young people in respect of policing.
•make recommendations to help inform and influence policing plans and other Board strategies and policies.
•assist in identifying young people willing to work with the Board who will facilitate engagement between the Board and the young people.