Pensions & Administration
The main areas of the work of Police Administration Branch are to:
- Consult and liaise with the Department of Justice in respect of police service regulations and their impact on the PSNI.
- Represent the interests of the Policing Board and PSNI in respect of amendments to police officers pay, conditions and pensions negotiated nationally by the Police Negotiating Board.
- Manage and administer the ill-health pension retirements of serving police officers, including injury on duty award applications. This includes retrospective claims submitted by ex-police officers.
- Consideration of dependents pension awards and child allowances.
- Consideration of applications for extension of service by police officers.
- Processing of applications for licences, including occasional licences in respect of PSNI premises.
Download application forms and information packs in relation to police officers ill-health pensions, injury on duty awards, dependents awards and child allowances.
Copies of pension regulations are available on the Office of Public Sector Information website.