Pensions & Administration
The main areas of the work of Police Administration Branch are to:
- Consult and liaise with the Department of Justice in respect of police service regulations and their impact on the PSNI.
- Represent the interests of the Policing Board and PSNI in respect of amendments to police officers pay, conditions and pensions negotiated nationally by the Police Negotiating Board.
- Manage and administer the ill-health pension retirements of serving police officers, including injury on duty award applications. This includes retrospective claims submitted by ex-police officers.
- Consideration of dependents pension awards and child allowances.
- Consideration of applications for extension of service by police officers.
- Processing of applications for licences, including occasional licences in respect of PSNI premises.
A new Police Pension Scheme (the 2015 Scheme) was introduced from 1st April 2015. A copy of the Members Guide detailing the benefits under the 2015 Scheme and how it operates is available here.
Download application forms and information packs in relation to police officers ill-health pensions, injury on duty awards, dependents awards and child allowances.
Copies of pension regulations are available on the Office of Public Sector Information website.