The Freedom of Information Act 2000 gives any individual the right to request information from public authorities.
If information is requested that is already available on the Board’s Publication Scheme, the Board is not required to provide it. The applicant will be advised to access the Publication Scheme
Making a Valid Request
To be valid under the Freedom of Information Act, requests:
- Must be made in writing (letter, fax or e-mail)
- Must identify the information being sought
- Can be made from anywhere in the world
- Can be made by an individual or an organization
- Must be legible, and
- Must contain the proper name of the applicant and an address .