The Policing Board in partnership with Derry Policing and Community Safety Partnership (PCSP) is holding a public meeting in St Columb’s Park House, Derry/Londonderry on Wednesday 5th November 2014 from 7-9pm.
The meeting, which is open to everyone, will focus on Policing with the Community and people will have the opportunity to put questions to Board Members, the Chief Constable and Derry PCSP members on policing issues in the area.
Speaking about the meeting, Board Chair Anne Connolly said: “We are looking forward to meeting with the community in Derry/Londonderry to discuss policing issues. It is important that we give all communities the opportunity to come along and have their say on how their community is policed and provide the opportunity for questions to be put to those who make the key decisions around policing.
The meeting will have particular focus on policing with the community and we will also hear from some local young people who are involved in leadership initiative which is being supported by the Board, the PSNI and the US Consulate.”
The Policing Board will also be holding its monthly meeting in public in the Waterside Theatre Derry/ Londonderry from 11am – 12.15pm on Thursday 6th November. This will give people the chance to watch the Board question the Chief Constable on policing issues. Questions from the public are not permitted in this session.
For further information please contact the Policing Board's Communications Branch on 07801 738795.
Notes to Editors
- 19:00: Welcome and opening remarks - Policing Board Chair Anne Connolly
- 19:05: Policing with the Community - PSNI Chief Constable George Hamilton
- 19:15: Overview by young people of TALK, the young leadership programme and questions / discussion on issues relating to confidence in policing – young leadership participants
- 19:35: Input from Derry PCSP Chair Alderman Drew Thompson on work to support community confidence in policing
- 19:45: Facilitated Q&A to panel comprising Board Chair Anne Connolly, Chief Constable George Hamilton, Dolores Kelly MLA Partnership Committee and Derry PCSP Vice Chair Una McCartney
- 21:00: Close
- All members of the public will have the opportunity to put their questions to the panel. Those who cannot attend can tweet questions to @NIPolicingBoard using #nipblive.