The Policing Board’s responsibilities in respect of police pension and injury benefits are overseen by the Resources Committee under the following Police Regulations:
- the Royal Ulster Constabulary Pensions Regulations 198 (PDF)
- the PSNI and PSNI Reserve (Injury Benefit) Regulations 2006;
- the Police Pension (Northern Ireland) Regulations 2009; and
- the Police Pension Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2015.
This work is delegated to the Policing Board’s Police Pensions and Injuries Benefits Branch which:
- Consults and liaises with the Department of Justice in respect of police service regulations and their impact on the PSNI.
- Consults on amendments to police officers pay, conditions and pensions negotiated by the Police Remuneration Review Body and (from 1st September 2014) the United Kingdom Police Pensions Consultative Forum.
- Manages and administers Injury on Duty Award applications for former police officers (serving officers only when submitted with Ill Health Retirement application).
- Considers dependents' pension awards applications.
- Injury on Duty Award (including requested reviews);
- Deferred pension to be brought into payment early due to ill-health; or
- Privacy Notice for Processing applications in respect of Ill Health Retirement, Injury on Duty, Pensions and Adult Survivor/Dependent Awards
- Privacy Notice Processing Police Pensions and Awards