The Policing Board’s responsibilities in respect of police pension and injury benefits are overseen by the Resources Committee under the following Police Regulations:
- the Royal Ulster Constabulary Pensions Regulations 198 (PDF)
- the PSNI and PSNI Reserve (Injury Benefit) Regulations 2006;
- the Police Pension (Northern Ireland) Regulations 2009; and
- the Police Pension Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2015.
This work is delegated to the Policing Board’s Police Pensions and Injuries Benefits Branch which:
- Consults and liaises with the Department of Justice in respect of police service regulations and their impact on the PSNI.
- Consults on amendments to police officers pay, conditions and pensions negotiated by the Police Remuneration Review Body and (from 1st September 2014) the United Kingdom Police Pensions Consultative Forum (see the Department of Justice notice).
- Manages and administers Injury on Duty Award applications for former police officers (serving officers only when submitted with Ill Health Retirement application).
- Considers dependents' pension awards applications.
- Injury on Duty Award (including requested reviews);
- Deferred pension to be brought into payment early due to ill-health; or
- Privacy Notice for Processing applications in respect of Ill Health Retirement, Injury on Duty, Pensions and Adult Survivor/Dependent Awards
- Privacy Notice Processing Police Pensions and Awards