Attending the public session of the Policing Board
You can find out more about the work of the Policing Board by attending the Policing Board meetings held in public where you can watch the Chief Constable present his report and answer questions from Policing Board Members.
Questions to the Chief Constable may arise from the business of Policing Board Committees and from Policing Board Members. The procedure for raising questions with the Chief Constable is set out in the Standing Orders
Members are required to submit questions to the Chief Executive of the Policing Board at least ten working days in advance of the meeting. The Policing Board decides whether a question is to be put in the private session or in public, or whether a question will be answered in writing.
Members also receive presentations on particular issues by the PSNI.
The public session of the Policing Board's meeting is held at our offices in Waterside Tower in Clarendon Dock unless otherwise stated.
All meetings of the Policing Board in public are advertised in advance of the meeting in the media.
Where appropriate, we will consider what other measures are necessary to make sure that relevant information reaches all members of the community. Arrangements will be carried out in line with the principles set out in part six of the Policing Board's Equality Scheme
We will provide a parking space for anyone with a disability requiring assistance on request. Please call us on 028 9040 8500 if you need assistance.
Documents may also be made available upon request in alternative formats or languages. Requests should be made to the Policing Board's Communications and Board Support Branch
Rights of admission to this meeting are reserved. Please note that the media, including photographers and television cameras, attend the meetings. Please remember that:
- You are here to observe the proceedings – and not to take part
- Silence must be observed
- Mobile phones should be turned off
- Except for members of the media, electrical or camera equipment is not permitted
- Briefcases or large bags are not permitted
- No food or drink should be consumed on the premises
- Instructions from security and Policing Board members or staff must be followed at all times
- The meeting is under the control of the Chair who may ask you to leave if your behaviour is deemed unacceptable
- If you do not want to be included in photography or appear on camera, please alert a member of Policing Board staff.
These rules apply to all persons in the public area.